Ok! So, Meghan and I tried a new church today and it was AMAZING!!! I have been to several different churches over the years with friends and family and this was the FIRST one to actually instill any kind of emotion in me. Meghan found out about it last night at a gospel fest she went to. I wanted to go but I had a ton of homework to do... so I didnt. But! One of the groups she saw perform is the group at a church in Kyle (about 3 miles down the road) named the Word of Life. It is predominately african american, but there is also a small percentage of hispanics and white. The music was PERFECT and ... well it made me dance around like the rest of the congregation was doing. They are an Inter- Denominational Church that accepts people from any branch of Christianity as well as Judiasm and any one else who wants the God but not the claim to a certain group. People were dressed up in everything from Sunday best to jeans and a tank top. Mom would LOVE the music, and although the service was 2 hours long, I was smiling and laughing the whole time because the preacher was SOOO funny. He is an middle-aged/ elderly black man who preaches so far with the message of none of us are perfect, and we shouldnt pretend to be, even in church, but the love of God, friends, and family will help us through anything. He said he likes to make people smile because so many people have jobs that they frown all day, so he thought they should smile when with God. We are going back next week, and I am excited. All of the older black ladies were really nice and smiled at us. It was funny because I'm so used to being raised in a predominately white church that when I got the urge to raise my hands up in the air like many other people were doing because the music was so good, the highest I could get them was to ear level. I need to force the white protestant outta me. It is my plan to eventually be able to get my hands up in the air like them. My body was fighting itself on that account. Arms wanted to go up but brain was like "Put your arms down fool!" It is a very loving community from what I have seen so far. I want to become a member if after a few services I still agree with the message. They show the sermon live online at their website too on sundays at 11. If you want to see the church service next Sunday here is the website. http://www.wordoflifekyle.org/ OK, I have homework to do now. :) I am happy to have found this, and will be planning a trip to the Buddhist Temple in Austin soon with Ly. Happy Birthday Gran Gran and Happy early Birthday Daddy. I love you guys.
No comments:
Post a Comment