The Beauty of Knowledge

The Beauty of Knowledge

Friday, July 23, 2010

Hobby-ing

Well, Alex and i picked up a book yesterday on the bargain table at Walmart, and it was all about picking a hobby that best suited your personality, and that you would have fun with, and possibly make a profit out of. (if you wanted to) The only two that truly suited me were book making, and book collecting. So, henceforth, I will now start focusing more on the type of books i collect. There will be more bargain shopping on my part for my beloved books, which goes just fine with my meticulous planning of Alex's going to be awesome bachellorate party next spring. I have been looking up book making, and would like to begin. I have made simple books before that you sew together, or ones with covers that you glue all of the pages spines to the inside little flap. I think i will enjoy this tremendously and hope something cool comes of it. Maybe if i can start making them efficiently enough, and they look cool enough (im trusting my intense knowledge from an art school and ms. miller drilling the elements and principles of art and "craftsmanship! not crapsmanship!" to guide my eye well in these productions), that! I can sell them to various journalers and sketchers. People love paper. And buying cute or beautiful things. This is a known fact. So, yes. This is my newest plan. We shall see how it goes. I did want to be a falconer (that was in the hobby book) but im not comfortable feeding them rats and ferrets since i have had them as pets. There is no problem with it in the wild. Or even in a zoo or reserve. It's how we all survive. And!!! It's the circle of life. (quote alex?) but its cool. Please vote on the current poll. It is on the web page for those of you who recieve this by email.

No comments: