We had to write a declaration of independence about an oppresor today in english and this was mine. First draft:
During the three years in which I have been in ms. Miller’s drawing class, it has been forced upon me to free myself from her grasp in order to save my sanity. All students who work hard deserve the recognition and minimal stress levels that would prevent us from feeling like throwing up every class period. Although she may be an excellent artist, this menace has created too many wrongs to right.
She has ripped up and thrown away my drawings. She has accused me of lying on the amount of time I spent on a sketch. She has, time after time, told me I was wasting her time on things I worked increasingly hard on. She has invented new criteria on pieces only after they are almost finished. She has made me re-write papers with new instructions she did not include in the original information sheet.
On many occasions I have tried to meet her expectations. I have toiled away many hours trying to please her. I hold my tongue and let her strip away my dignity day by day by day in the hopes that one day she will be pleased with my work. I work hard to show that I am worthy to pass her class, and yet she gives me zeros. What have I gained from this? Nothing. NO more will I have this degradation left upon my shoulders. NO more will I feel ill the entire hour and a half I have to sit in that classroom 2 to 3 times a week. I, Danni Aileen Lo- Ro will take the mental abuse no longer. I will do my work and continue to improve, but I will hold my head high through out the end of this year, and change classes year next.
Also! Robert Duvall was at school today and he had an interview in the theater. He's really naturally funny. It was strange realizing how old he is because he was talking about working with Marlon Brando and all of these people. And! he was Boo Radley in To Kill A Mockingbird. I didnt even realize. He looks REALLY good for his age. His wife is half his age and very pretty in a simple way. He said when he met his father in law he didnt know whether to call him father or son cause he's younger than him. I thought this was funny.
Please, when you answer this poll, tell me why. I would like to know with all of them.
2 comments:
I would love to be a baker. That just seems like so much fun, and my creations would smell wonderful.
I have the second one here. If I finish that I'll finish the mysterious benidict society, and the others books of yours that i have
Post a Comment