The Beauty of Knowledge
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Collegiate Fear
Sadly the holidays are winding down. I am not looking foward to the daily trip in to Dallas every day, but at least I can take comfort in knowing the year will go by quickly. I have recently re- taken up knitting. I can getting better slowly but surely. I have a renewed vigor in my artwork, which is nice. Sophomore year I was burned out and a portion of last year too but I think Ms. Chambledor's amazing 2D class has helped me see art, as well as my abilities, in a new light. The weather has been pretty amazing, but I know January will bring the harsh wind tunnels down town and the short, dark days. We have been studying poetry in English class, which I have a love hate relationship with. I enjoy reading and dissecting it, but I strongly dislike some of the disturbing and rather pointless graffic imagery that many disturbed artists portay. I prefer reading work by spiritual leaders, monks, nuns, and holy men from all walks of life. I know that everyone says to REALLY look at the college you are interested, but I am scared to. The more you look, the more attatched you grow to the school. Then, on the chance that you dont get accepted, you suffer a small heart ache. I know that everything will be all right. The small things we fear tend to be nothing in the course of our lives. Everything happens for a reason and I will end up at the school I am meant to go to. It's just a little scary to think about. But!! Hearing adults talk about their college experiences, I understand that you are not stuck in one school for all (insert number here) years. I just cant think about it. I suppose a small portion of this is fear of pride being hurt, but I understand they look for more than grades. When you need so much percentage of each ethnicity, community servicers, athletes, etc., it isnt personal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment